I am worried about medication I took b4 I knew I was pregnant, my ob/gyn says he can't tell how far along I am? adult content

He is having me do two days of blood work this week, around the same times, to " check the numbers", should I be worried. I just found out I am preg. Aug 24th unexpectedly, when I went in to have surgery for a hernia.I have stopped all meds since then, and have been looking them all up to see pregnancy risk factors.

Mom2Bsfirstbabe

Asked by Mom2Bsfirstbabe at 12:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What numbers is he referring to?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• What meds were you taking?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• She's probabl meaning HCG levels
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• relax and take a deep breathe. Did the doctor advise you to stop all meds or did you d it on your own? If so that a good idea. You'll find out soon when you get an ultrasound done.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Talk to your doctor in depth about your concerns. He/she would probably be able to help you best. If they aren't concerned, I wouldn't be either. Pregnancy is loaded with all types of bloodwork! It could mean anything! But probably HCG level!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Would you have an abortion if you found out pregnant women shouldn't have taken one of the meds you took? There are very few meds that cause birth defects. Actually smoking is one of the worst things you can do and 25% of women do that even knowing it causes birth defects, prematurity, and death.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Is your concern about what the doctor may be checking for or is it the risk of harm that it can do to the baby?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• To Gailll: Leave her alone, you are being to harsh, she is a scared new mother. So take your rude abortion comment and shove it! She has every right to be scared, she is just worried she hurt her baby. Be happy she cares enough to ask! I was in her boat a few months ago and I was freaked until I saw the ultrasound. So if you want to preach to someone about all your amazing facts on pregnancy and meds then message me, because I have some opinions too!
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 1:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The blood work is common, your doctor wants to make sure your HCG levels are going up. After the numbers look good, he will do an ultrasound and find out how far along you are. Don't worry until there is a reason to be worried, ok? People drink, do drugs, all kinds of crazy stuff before they find out they are pregnant and they have healthy babies. Your doc will advise you if any of the medications you took may be an issue - just listen to him/her and relax.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2010