drainage... solution?

any one know how i can help and soothe my 4 mth old son?? his sinus cavity is draining causing his nose to run. i use the bulb and of course he doesnt like it. anything else i can do? also i always here him swallowing. at first he was spitting up and the swallowing it back down which hes done a few times but my mother told me he was probably swallowing mucus back down

mychocolatedrop

Asked by mychocolatedrop at 9:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Turn the shower on as hot as possible and let the bathroom get all steamy. Bring him in there and sit for about 10 minutes. You can also rub a dab of Vick's rub on his chest when he sleeps and run a humidifier in his room.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Steam will definitely help. My baby got a cold around 4 weeks old, and in addition to the shower/steam trick, I put some vaporub on a napkin, folded it in half, and put it between her onesie and her pj's right up near the neckline. The vaporub didn't burn her skin, and she was able to breathe the vapors without any irritation. Also, when he goes to sleep, try to keep his head elevated higher than his chest and legs, to help the mucus drain better. Good luck, I hope he feels better soon!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 10:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Are you sure it's just a cold. Runny nose is a sign of ear infection
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2008