ITCHING!!!!!!!

I am almost 31 weeks now and I have been having HORRIBLE itching since around 20 weeks or so. It is the bottom of my feet, palms of my hands, and my bottom where your butt meets your legs. I mentioned it to the dr and he laughed and said pregnancy symptom! Really? This is my fourth and I have never heard of this. No rash just itching and no swelling either.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 12:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not to scare you, but try googling up the symptoms. I remember reading about a pregnant lady that was itching and she had this very rare disease that can happen during pregnancy and these are the symptoms(itching in the palms and soles), but I don't remember the name of it.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 12:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• pregnancy do the weirdest things to our bodies ! maybe ur eating a lot of salt or stuff w a lot of sodium n ur swollen
    chriskris

Answer by chriskris at 12:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My Sister in Law had this. There is a name for it. She got it towards the end of pregnancy and she was miserable. The only real treatment is delivery but the Doctors won't deliver just because you have it. I hope that it subsides.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When I was pregnant I got itchy but only on my belly.
    BeJuicy

Answer by BeJuicy at 1:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I say slather on the lotion. Sometimes we can think that we know what we are talking about when we have had more than one kid and then boom one of our pregnancies is completely different than another. I think that your doctor was right. The only other thing that i might worry about is circulation issues. That is not typically the areas that is manifests itself but I could keep an eye on it. Also try to think if it is a reaction to soaps or detergents that you might have changed to recently. Hope you get relief!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes! My stomach itched terribly from like week 32 until I delivered at 36 weeks. My doctor told me it would go away after I delivered and it sure did! He also gave me a prescription for a cream to rub on my belly just in case it still itched a little after birth. It worked!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Choliostasis (check spelling) can become serious if left untreated, get a second oppinion xx
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 11:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010