Anyone else on/have been on bed rest?

I've been on bed rest since my 5th week because of 5 miscarriages and a weak cervix. This is the first time I've gotten past 18 wks and even though I'm at 22wks I'm still worried about problems. Not only that, I can't go upstairs to my bedroom and sleep on my couch. Soo... how do I take care of all the prep work for the baby- like birthing classes, finding pediatricians, and setting up the nursey, etc. Any advice?

pcosmom2

Asked by pcosmom2 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just take it easy and let the hubby do it for you. dont worry about birthing classes personally i dont think you really need them myself but others think differently. just read your pregancy books and ask the doc for a good referal to a pedi and make lots of phone calls to pedi's they will understand. shop for the nursery and baby stuff online you can even do gift registry online. you can worry more about that stuff AFTER you have the baby and can move around. just focus on keeping baby in the oven.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• have your hubby do all that work you just need to rest i know what i am talking about. i was in a hospital bed for 4 mounths.not fun at all.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If you do some reading you will find that the recommendation for bedrest doesn't have research to back it up. Doctors recommend bedrest because that's what's always been recommended (standard of practice) rather than evidence based. I would not stay on strict bedrest because of risk of premature labor.

I was very ill (medical) with my pregnancy with my youngest son and was hospitalized a lot of the pregnancy. When I was home I was on IVs. My 2nd husband left me during a hospitalization. I didn't think I would have more children and didn't have anything except a new car seat. We had recently moved I had no family. It was before internet & I did a lot by phone. Now you can do everything online.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Typo - I wouldn't stay on strict bedrest because of risk of premature labor.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• With my last pregnancy, I was on bedrest for four months, two at home and two in the hospital. There were a lot of things I was worried about getting done but I asked my Husband and my Mother for help. I got the phone book and made a lot of phone calls to pediatricians. They will send you paperwork in the mail to fill out once you decide on one. I agree with Laura, child birth classes are not necessary. You can learn just as much online as you can in classes. Also, your body knows what to do pretty naturally. You can do all of your registries online and just have your friends come to your house for the Baby Shower.
    The most important thing right now is taking care of yourself and that little one.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was on bedrest the last month and a half of my pregnancy.... I spent alot of time reading
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 2:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Icbe been on strict bed rest myself due to some health problems. I haven taken any classes or done anything since, My fiance' has been a great help and so has some family members in helping me set up for baby.I sat in bed and folded her clothes up after the were washed but ther then that I had help. Its not bad to ask for help expecially in situations like this because i know it can get stressful with wanting to get things done before time comes. Take good care of yourself i know you in a hard state right now but you got to think whats best for you baby. If it wasnt for my babygirl id be very hard headed but i just want the best for her.My house work has dropped alot and its very hard for me cause Im a cleam freak but bed rest has helped me with cooping with it. Just to deal with it, itll be okay and its not like its going anywhere.lol. Good luck and Ill keep you in my prayers!
    LovingThem2710

Answer by LovingThem2710 at 5:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2010