Do you like dying your own hair?

And how often?
What lasts longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I do it all the time. I dye it every 3-6 months when ever I feel like it. Last time I dyed my hair was in March, I think? I don't know what last longer because I buy all sorts of different brands.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• hell no! LOL I did it once by myself, totally screwed up and missed a lot and had my mom help fix it! LOL I used to color mine a dark brown/red color, but since having kids, it's always swept up in a messy ponytail and I can't see spending money on it! :P I always use the stuff in a green box...Fructis or something? Lasted until my hair grew out, and smelled great!!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes and no. I like dying my own hair cause it's cheaper than paying $100+ to go to a salon...but no because sometimes I want highlights and definitely intimidated to use the do-it-yourself box for that. I do it every 3-6 months. I need to re-do mine at like the end of October..beginning of Novemberish.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I love doing my own color and I use Herbal Essense and it has natural highlights in and EVERYONE loves the color and highlights. It last for me for three plus months but I dont really color until about 4 or 5 months being I use a darker color like my hair is and it doesn't show too much. Also they have a conditioner that comes with it that you use once a week to bring the color and shine back out. I have been using the same hair color and brand for two years now. Like I said EVERYONE I know and run into (even people I dont know) tell me how much they like the color. I even dye my eye brows with the color to make it more natural looking. Hope this helps!
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would much rather have someone come to my home and do it for free, but since that's not going to happen, I like doing my own because it's cheap1
    sandif

Answer by sandif at 12:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I like to do my own... yet... I love highlights so it just depends... I wont do my own highlights but I dont mind coloring my own! I know many people that color hair so if I do screw up horribly, then I know at least one person that can fix it! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Plus my hair is near the bottom of my back and its thick so its like $150 to get my hair colored... I much rather spend $10 and do it myself! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

• No way. It looks soooo much better when I have it done, I haven't colored my own in a good 10 years. I pay about $130 every 7 -8 weeks, and it's well worth it to me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• heck no!! i leave that for the professionals.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've never dyed my hair, but if I did, I know I'd go to the professionals. I would definitely mess my hair up if I did it myself. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010