I am worried that my breast milk is drying up. my 5 month old doesn't hardly want to nurse anymore.

he nurses maybe once or twice a day. What can i take to increase my supply?

Asked by bluetopia6 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried pumping? I heard if you pump regularly (like when the baby is supposed to nurse), it'll help with your supply.

• My sister swore that graham crackers made her milk come in. Also breast feeding is supply by demand. Try pumping as often as you can. good luck

• pump!

Answer by hendrickson at 4:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Not only can u pump but also nurse the baby every chance you get. If you have introduced solids, only feed them half of the container, and then nurse them the rest of the feeding, its what i had to do. I hope this helps you. Kudos for breastfeeding.

Answer by LoftisLove at 6:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Try pumping. Also, there is an herb called "Fenugreek" that's supposed to help increase your milk supply.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Pump, it's fantastic. You can pump every few hours which will increase milk supply. There are also pumps that are meant to help increase the supply. I have a Medela and it was expensive but worth it. It's also nice because I can pup before going to bed and my boyfriend can also get up with our son and give him a bottle and I can get some sleep too.

Answer by Sammieanne at 1:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2008