i think i just lost all respect for my husband (cocaine)

he works at a 24 hour gym. he just texted me from work to tell me that this woman locked herself in the tanning booth for over an hour. he kept going over and knocking on the door and she kept yelling "i'm coming" she finally came out and just left. he went in the booth and there was cocaine everywhere. the cleaning guy told him not to call the police because she "needs help, and getting arrested won't help her. she'll just keep using" what?!?! she'll keep using anyway. he said they just cleaned it up and let it go. i told him he was wrong for listening to the cleaning guy and haven't texted him since. was he wrong or me? this woman was snorting in friggin gym

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Excuse me but how did he know that it is cocaine?
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 12:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• the cleaning guy is a former addict who cleaned up his life
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's difficult to say seeing as you weren't actually there. I don't think what he did was all that bad. She's a grown woman, she'll get caught eventually. I don't think he deserves to lose all your respect over that. I'm sure it was a very awkward and weird situation. What we think we would do and what happens in the heat of the moment are different sometimes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• he was wrong. there is procedures for that in the workplace to protect other customers and employees. not to mention its illegal to be doing that in a place a business. i would have called the police the lady should have thought about that before she decided to do coke.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think you are making a big deal out of this. The lady left, unless he knew exactly what customer it was there really isn't much the police could have done anyway. The most he could do is make note of it for next time (since there likely will be a next time) and have the police come while she is in there. The gym should cancel her membership.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Its a messed up situation, but why let this ladies action cause problems in you & your SO's relationship? Just let it go, theres no use in arguing over it. Tell him next time she comes in to alert a manager and let them know what happened, then let the manager take care of it.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i would have told. she whatever habits we have whether legal or not there is proper time and place. gross and inappropriate
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree just let it go maybe next time he will do something about it. Or if he knows her he can tell her she is no longer allowed.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I like the cancel the membership option. Why are you mad at your man about this?
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 12:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• why let a stranger come between you and your SO like this? Let it go, maybe he should have called but he didnt so there is no reason to be upset with him about it.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 2:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2010