Fitness after pregnancy

How long did it take everyone to get their pre pregnancy body back after you had your baby.

*** If you didnt really change your eating habits and didnt actually try to loose the weight don't bother answering

I'm looking for all the athletic mommies that actually went to the gym and ate healthy

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 1:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• How can you go to the gym when you have a baby to take care of? You don't have to go to the gym. I would have problems keeping my weight up to 100 while breastfeeding and normally weighed about 115. I used baby slings and carriers and was active and have always had a healthy diet. I belonged to a food co-op and lived near a great food market.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• not to sound mean or anything but as a personal trainer I find that people benefit mostly from going to the gym rather than working out at home because of less temptations...

walking around the block is not a work out to me, in fact it's more like a warm up prior to an actual workout.... and honestly.... I believe people should still have something for them regardless of having kids or not... it keeps you sane and healthy...
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my stomach was flat by day 2 and my body was back to normal by 2 weeks and yes i'm a skinny woman. i gained a big belly but i went to the gym every day until the day i delivered and i got my body back in no time.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• oh and Gail there are 24 hours in a day. it doesn't take much effort to set aside one of them for the gym. Lyric stays with daddy while i work out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have a baby and I go to the gym! Childcare!! I am active and LOVE it. Don't just do it for weight loss but because its fun. Certainly does help to get my body back though. So my current routine is run (15-20 miles per week), bike (30-50 miles per week), yoga twice a week, and swim 1-2 xs per week.

My son is 5.5 months old and I would say I am about 75% there. I still have 10 pounds to go and I am just now starting to see the definition in my legs return. My abs still need some work. I usually do crunches with an exercise ball on days that I run but I am going to have to do something more for them. This fall I am going to work on seriously increasing my running milage (lately the focus has been on biking) and throwing in some more intervals for speed and some longer distance runs.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Oh and I wanted to add- watch the diet. Eat as healthy as you can. Count calories and try to stay as clean as possible, only have small indulgence every now and then to keep yourself from going nuts. So it is almost my TOM and chocolate cravings are here. I had 1 tbs of dark chocolate mix with 0.5 tbs of peanut butter, nuked it and then spread it on a banana! YUM. Pretty clean, healthy, and CHOCOLATEY. It was 200 calories and I just worked it into my day so I didn't go over my calories. Now I had my chocolate fix and I am good.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010