Why do I keep having dreams about my best friends husband?

I'm happily married and not attracted to her dh whatsoever. Yet, I keep having these dreams about him. We're not having sex in the dreams but we are always hugging and kissing and know its wrong...Why would I be dreaming this? Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• It's a DREAM. Would you feel guilty if you were dreaming about an actor on television? Probably not. This is no different, your brain is just picking images, let it go.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had a dream like this a while back about my neighbors husband. Im not attracted to him either, quiet the opposite! He scares me actually! I think we have dreams like this because you need some true, unadulterated, romantic, unrated sex with your man. Some excitement!
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 1:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There must be a quality about him that you like ... such as humor, protectiveness, masculinity, intelligence,
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Maybe you are attracted to him for some odd reason
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If your not attracted to him at all I wouldnt be worried..... I guess if it keeps happening you can go see someone... if it makes you feel better I once had a sex dream about my husbands father...

hes a good looking man dont get me wrong but that is something i would NEVER consider nor think about in my waking hours... lol
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 1:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can't control your dreams. I hope it stops for your sake and I would keep these dreams to yourself no telling he hubs or your best friend.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Thanks everyone! No I will never tell. It really bothers me. I was up all night because of it last night. My best friend called. like she does everyday and I felt guilty.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• he's good looking apparently?
    nothing wrong with it, its a dream. I've had regular relationships and dream sex with a couple actors I've been attracted to over the years. Fun thing about a dream is that not only is it not real, but the guys never age, they look just the way they did when they were doing their hit TV show X years ago.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• there must be Something about him that your dh lacks that you are into on some level... maybe the dreams are meant to show you to try to get that out of your dh. you cant control what you dream about so you dont need to feel guilt about it. it would be like feeling guilt about your sex or race.. again things you CAnnot control.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I don't know. But I have had a similar dream, but it's about my husband's friends. It's weird because I am not attracted to them at all and there really isn't anything about them that I like. So I know how you feel. I wake up feeling extremely grossed out. LOL.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010