Homemade?

What do you make Homemade?
Do you make Homemade Laundry Soap? A favorite Homemade Meal? Homemade Christmas Presents? Sew your clothes?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 2:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've made homemade laundry soap, shampoo, bath soap, body lotion, lip balm, pretty much any kind of food (including bread, rolls, buns, tortillas, pasta, pita breads, seasoning packets, salad dressings, sauces, desserts,salsa, pickles, apple butter, jams), baskets from reeds, ceramic mugs, furniture, a cedar-strip canoe, quilts, knitted and crocheted afghans and other items, table linens, Christmas decorations, Christmas gifts, clothes, moccasins, leather wallets, a bridle, candles, even helped build a log cabin (NOT from a kit, I even had to strip the logs of their bark!)
    I'm fortunate to have had all these opportunities to learn how to do these things and I hope to pass many of them along to my kids.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Artwork and decor for my house. I used to make laundry detergent, but felt like it was hard on my clothes.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The only thing I don't make is clothes, although I do knit and crochet... so I guess you could say the only thing I don't do is spin wool... ROFLMAO... I cook from scratch, I make my own cleaners, laundry detergent, lawn fertilizer, grown my own vegis, I've made paper and playdough, candles and soap... Made all my own holiday decorations and presents for years... Its funny, my mom did that... I didn't when I was younger, but I have always been crafty....then it almost became a necessity when everything went to hell in a handbasket. I guess when you figure out that you can make $35.00 worth of laundry detergent for less than $2 bucks and have sparkly clothes, you get to spend 33 dollars on food! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I make homemade food and that is about it.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 2:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I do lots of things homemade (not the laundry soap though)... 90% of our meals are homemade, Baking from scratch, some of the christmas presents are homemade, I mend clothes as well as make some of the clothes for me and our daughter, I guess I always believe that homemade is equal to heart made lol
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 2:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I sew alot of clothes for myself and my 3.5 y.o dd , I also make many chirstmas presents every year, I make some of my own "natural" cleaners as well
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I just cook at home. Nothing else.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The only thing that I have made lately is a baby blanket for my grand daughter who will be born in November. Made one when myu grandson was born in 2008. So had to keep tradition going.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I dont make alot of homemade things, I wish I could! I do like to make our halloween decorations, but they never look as good as in the pictures I copy them from
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I make most of our food from scratch (my youngest doesn't know that you can actually buy mayo). Baking bread, making cheese, and making pasta are some of my favorite things to do as soon as the weather cools down. (I don't do it in the summer, we don't have air and it gets too hot.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010