would you cosign

would u cosign for you kid to get married underage...??

Patientchild3

Asked by Patientchild3 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. I don't care if my DD was pregnant or whatever the reason... Absolutely not.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, if they really want to get married and are willing to spend the rest of their lives together they will be able to make until they are old enough with out your signature-
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 2:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree... I would make her wait... If it was meant to be it can wait till she is old enough to do it on her own
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 2:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I cant say yes or no. It all depends on how everything is at that time.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 2:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was about to say NO, NO, NO, NEVER, not for anyone.......until I read the body of your question! I thought it was a credit issue. For that though, it would depend on my childs maturity.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Co-signing is a bad idea in any form. I recently found a bible verse on the topic! They will need to get used to living with the laws on this one. As they want to live like adults, they need to obey the laws like one. Help them set a date to show your support at some point in the future when they legally can. It is not abnormal to be engaged for several years if need be.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 2:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nope not a chance. Wynden has a great point. If they truly love each other than they can wait.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:23 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nope. Cosigning means it's partly my descision... and that is not something i'd ever want to do. Legally, sh eneeds to be able to fuly consent to a marriage. it's something that i shouldn't have a part it.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't. If they are that much in love they can wait until they are legal.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Mine are only 1.5 and 2.5, so I really don't know. I guess you never know what you would do in a situation until you were there. I guess it would probably depend on how I saw the situation and if I really believed that it was the right thing to do...but just on a whim, I would say no. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2010