Our Special Ed Teacher just gets changed overnight

and now all the promises and plans were had are gone just like that without warning. Months of plans on how our Autistic boys were going to get thru the year. Had high hopes and now we feel we are walking into uncharted territory and I have this horrible feeling its not going to work out.

Do you ever have that happen, where you have these well laid out plans and without warning they change 100% and you have no choice but to deal with it? My mind can't adjust that fast to changes so radical. I feel like all that planning was for nothing now.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 4:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in

• Do you have an IEP?? If so, the new teacher can not change what was in the IEP. The IEP MUST be followed until a new one is written no matter who the teacher is.  If the plans that you would like to be followed were not written in the IEP, you can request a new IEP meeting.  The school MUST have a new IEP meeting if you request one. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Why wouldn't the new teacher just take over the old plans and keep everything intact? That's crazy if she plans on scrapping the whole thing that you and the other teacher worked on for months. I'd be furious if that were the idea. If she intends to move forward with what has been said then I guess you just have to roll with it.

Sorry, that's really frustrating.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If you have an IEP in place, the teacher doesn't have the discretion to just change his/her mind. Talk to the director of the program or the principle.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah, thats a good idea. :)
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 7:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2010