Horrible Cough

For the past 3 days now my son (20 months old)has had a horrible phlemy cough. Nothing I do seems to be helping. I am using saline in his nose, using the bulb on his nose ( but his nose really isn't runny anymore, I still do it just incase) i am using vicks on him and was giving him a dose of benydryl at night but it doesn't seem to help at all. If I take him to the dr, will they even do anything? He hasn't had a fever or throwing up just awful cough.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it could be whooping cough try sticking his head in the freezer and see if that helps any
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 7:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• take him to the dr. better safe than sorry
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would say an on going cough could be simple allergies, however at this age, better safe than sorry. My brother caught 100 day whooping cough and it put him in the hospital...just take him in.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010