What would you do?...

Yesterday, I stopped by St*rbucks after my workout to get an ice coffee when a guy approached me and asked for my number. He said he's seen me there several times but wanted to get to know me more. I found it fattering but then this heavy set lady comes up and starts to raise her voice to stop talking to her husband. I may not be large but I surely can take care of myself and this lady was one step away from hitting the ground if she touched me. I told her then to tell her husband to stop hitting on me and from the looks of her I can see why. Well, that really pissed her off and turned heads. I already have an SO and really hate when guys look and feel they have to ask for my number what seems almost daily. I was dressed in tights, sports bra and kinda sweaty mind you. How is that asking for trouble? My SO was in the Rover and saw the whole thing and just laughed it off. He said he finds it sexy that other guys hit on me!

NikkiVan1

Asked by NikkiVan1 at 7:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd wear a shirt anyway over my sports bra. If guys were hitting on me every day I'd try to figure out why and take steps to avoid it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No one has ever asked me for my number point blank. I have had guys give me their cards & i have had guys tell me i am attractive, or compliment me. But, never just "can i have your number" That is super duper creepy & i hope most men are smart enough to not do that. Obviously, he must have had mental problems to ask a women for her number right in front of his SO. What a dumb ass...

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That was pretty ballsy of that guy to ask for your number with his wife in the same place. He's a pig, wonder how many times his wife hasn't caught him? Your outfit isn't to blame, but I usually throw on a tshirt if I'm going anyplace other than the gym :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Whether we like it or not,men are going to flirt beyond what is acceptable when we wear certain clothes...I suggest that you cover up more...It is sad that both married and unmarried men can be so forward but they are very much moved by what they see...Most men I know are turned on by what they see, when it comes to a sexy woman.
    HappyFreeda

Answer by HappyFreeda at 7:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• there is nothing u can do you take care of your self and thats a good thing next time something like this happens tell the female you should be mad at your man and maybe he would be looken at any other female if u kept your game up
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That was a situation you had no control over.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i , myself, would write it down on a calendar and celebrate every year, because it never happens to me

but for you, you sounded like you handled it fine
    how horrible for that woman to have her husbnad hit on another woman in front of her!

IMO, us women have to stop blaming the other woman, it is the man that is unfaithful
    sometimes, yes, the other woman knows he is married, but LOTS of times, the other woman is lied to also
    and in this case, there is no other woman, just a woman getting a cup of coffee, minding her own business
    she had no right to be mad at you, but she is in a weird place, i am guessing that this was not the first time her'man' has done something so disrespectful to her

i feel bad for her
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• maybe try going to another starbucks. He seems to be there alot when you are there...sounsd creepy and disrespectful since he does this when his wife is around. No matter what she may look like, she is still his wife and should be respected or he leave her if he no longer has any interest in her.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm calling BS................it didn't happen!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• not a thing, seems like you handled yourself pretty well
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010