Was your young child perplexed when they learned you were a girl, too?

"No.... you're Mom!" I giggled and said "Moms are girls. Dads are boys. Like you."

He looked perplexed while he mulled it over then looked at my chest and said "Cuz of those?"

I laughed again and said "These? Yes that's part of what makes girls girls". Then ruffled his hair and had a good chuckle.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• LMAO so cute!!! I love things kids say.. My first born DD was really angry with me when she was 2 1/2... After several hours of pouting and being mad at me. She finally told me that she was mad because I did not marry her daddy with dark skin so she could have pretty brown skin like her best friend. My husband is a red head and my DD has that same clear white skin. Shes so lovely! But it took her weeks to get over it... LOL
    stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 11:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yep! My little boy had the exact same reaction! Like he could not even contemplate that Mommies were girls too, lol. I told him one day he would grow up and have a wife, and I told him even when she had a baby and became a Mommy, she would still be a girl and his wife. He said that was different, because I was his Mommy, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, it was hard for them to comprehend I had once been their age and had a mom and dad and borther and sister.
    Even this weekend my younger son (12) was going through old photos with a friend (my boys like to look through photo albums) and he ran across a few pictures of me when I was in HS and he asked if that was me. I said yep that was me I was about 16, and he says "WOW what did you weigh...like 90lbs." I told him well about 100lbs, and he says "What happened", and I said "Well honey I had you and this is what happens." He was still perplexed over it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010