are you having trouble potty training?

preggos2

Asked by preggos2 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes, but mainly at night. My DS4 will not stay dry!
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My 3 year old still wets overnight. Her pediatrician says its normal, but does she mean normal as in 3 year olds are supposed to do it or normal as in parents don't address it, so it keeps happening? i wet the bed until I was 7 so I"m not sure how to approach it. We went without a pull up for a week, but she was really embarrassed and upset when her sheets were wet, so I didn't like that method. She was day potty trained before 2, so I guess it could be worse.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My DD was day-potty trained shortly after she turned 3, but she just stopped wearing Pull-ups at night about 1.5 months ago. I struggled with her for daytime and finally just stopped putting diapers on her. She did the rest herself, but I had to go on her schedule. Anytime I tried to ask her to go potty or if she needed to go she threw a huge fit.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes! She will be 3 in November and we stopped wearing any knd of pullup last month so i guess we aren't doing that bad... We started at 2 with pullups but she would never take it off! She ended up with rashes so I took pullups away all together... She goes days without peeing the bed at night but usually has a small accident daily. It takes time that's for sure!!! All well.... One step at a time!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think it's normal for a three year old. When kids sleep they sleep hard and she may not even feel like she needs to go. You can buy night time underpants at the store. It's not a pull-up but it'll keep her sheets from getting wet. They look just like big kid shorts. That may help with the embarrasment. Good luck!
    Stacey S.

Answer by Stacey S. at 10:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

Stacey S.

• nope!
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 11:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• DS just started learning to poop in the toilet. Just wondering how long it's going to last.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I was very lucky that my son HATED being in diapers and wanted to potty train. It took us a bit but he was fully potty trained before 2 1/2.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2010