Have you had dreams of your baby dying?

I hate bad dreams but I have dreamed that my baby died, twice. I am now about four months pregnant.

HappyFreeda

Asked by HappyFreeda at 7:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know I had strange dreams when I was pregnant, but I dont know that the baby died. I think I had dreams where maybe it came out looking strange or already talking or something, lol. Just chalk up those odd dreams to pregnancy hormones!
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I did, my son is 3wks old now and off and on all through my pregnancy I had random dreams about bad things happening to him, I would wake up crying. Midwife said it's b/c of the hormones and perfectly normal. It's our mommy protective side coming into play. My husband would hold me and it helped a lot.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My daughter is 2 years old and I had one of those dreams where she fell off the cliff and went all the way to the ground. She hit before I woke up. I also had a very bad dream about her when she was about a year. I was upset until my mom told me that we are just so concerned that something is going to happen that the concerns come up in our dreams. It just means we love them so much.
    I would not put any weight in to your dreams. Think positive beautiful thoughts about your baby and shoo the worry away. The worry and fear won't be good for you or your baby.
    LittleAsmom605

Answer by LittleAsmom605 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i suffer from pretty frequent and terrible nightmares. they do include my daughter dying, among other things. at worst, i'll wake up at least 2 nights in a week with my pillow soaked in tears, at best i can go a month or so without it. it can be devastating, you just have to tell yourself it's not real and try to move on.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 3:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've had those type of dreams when I was pregnant and since my sons been born, just do your best to get past it. Writing down my dreams, good and bad tend to help them go away. (At lest it works for me)

lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Even after giving birth, many mothers will have nightmares about bad things that could happen to their children. And once you are a parent, new things, not just death, will seem like very traumatic and stressful dreams. No parent wants to feel like they have lost control or can't protect their family. Dreaming about it simply means that your mind is thinking of it more at certain points in your life. Try to remember that you love your family and are doing everything you can to make sure they are taken care of. Cheers!
    emeraldearth24

Answer by emeraldearth24 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• JUST LAST NIGHT........i had a dream my ds...who is 2.......was taking a bath and for some reason there was a fan on the side of the tub...............i walked in just in time to se the fan fall in the tub and shock him.....i ran screaming the grabbed a wooden broom handle un plugged the fan and go my son......i sreamed for some one to call 911 the operator said not to let him fall asleep....and he died in my arms.....worse nightmare of my life...i woke up and gave him a huge hug and a kiss
    melissabilliot

Answer by melissabilliot at 5:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Thank you sooo much for asking this question! I have a daughter who is 15 months old. And I have had a few dreams in which she has died. I wake up completely freaked out. and I dont want to tell my SO or he will say like "Why are you thinking about such awful things?" I have thought I was alone in this. Thank you for all the answers everyone. I feel so much better.

And OP, just enjoy being pregnant, you will miss it later!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i have had the dreams before . it was the scariest thing in my life ever . i have woke up in a panic attack from them . ughhhhhhhh makes me so sick . they make you wake up and cry hysterically .
    susies3babies

Answer by susies3babies at 8:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• OH my I had dreams of my children crying and locked somewhere,but dying I would be on PILLS!!!!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010