Crafts

Anyone know of any fun crafts I can do with my little ones? I have two boys aged 2 and 3. It doesn't have to be seasonal, just want to add more mental stimulation, less television to our routine.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• This can be a bit messy but lots of fun.

Materials needed- popsicle sticks, ice cube tray, aluminum foil, water, paper, and powdered paint.

Directions- Pour water into the ice cube tray and place aluminum foil over the top. Stick a popsicle stick into each cube spot (the aluminium foil holds it into place). Once the ice pops have frozen, take a piece of paper and sprinkle powdered paint over the paper. Next, have your children to use the ice pops like a paint brush and paint their own design. As the ice melts it mixes with the powder to create a watercolor type paint. This is perfect to do on a hot summer day outside.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i do everything. i have a craft book on how to make modeling clay and stuff out of junk. the local library has a big selection of craft books.
    you can go collect leaves and then do a crayon rubbing of them, i give my girls paper, crayons and stickers to make pictures for their friends. play dough is a big hit. i also let them make up stories. they make pictures instead of words.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• oriental trading has a lot of great craft kits for really cheap
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can make homemade playdough! You use Koolaid to color it. I used to make it with my mom when I was little. And since you know what's going into it, you feel better if your child decides to taste it. lol.

Mix:
    1 Cup Flour
    2 Tbsp Veg. Oil
    1/2 Cup Salt
    1 pkg Kool-Aid

Then add a cup of boiling water. Mix well with wooden spoon and let cool before playing. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can make sand art. Especially now that they sell different colored sand. You can either make it in a bottle or on paper with glue.
    You can make puppets out of brown paper lunch bags.
    Familyfun.go.org has some great ideas.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Borders Books has a lot of Craft books for kids that you could get alot of ideas.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• there are a lot of websights that can help
    paytonbabay06

Answer by paytonbabay06 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• When my kids were little we use to do alot of cooking together of things they would like to eat. Finger jello cut out with small cookie cutters, eatable playdough, decorating cupcakes, you can also make cupcakes in ice cream cones, just make your batter and fill the cone 3/4 full, bake as directed for regular cupcakes. By cooking with them it helped them to learn fractions and they are great cooks today.
    I also went to the library and got a book on children's science projects we did many experiments but I remember their favorite was rock candy.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 8:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Usborne Books (www.ubah.com) sells some really awesome kid-friendly craft books that are pretty reasonably priced! We use ours all the time!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010