Gender predictor problems

So for fun I have looking online at those answer 20 questions and find out what your having things. I am carrying twins who none of them are build right for that but half say its a boy and half say its a girl. Do those things really work? Also, what is the truth about the babies heart rates in regards to their sex twin a is 172 and twin b is 142

lolo0636

Asked by lolo0636 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• From what I understand they are all just old wives' tales. Especially the one that goes by certain "symptoms." I had symptoms of having a boy and a girl. But I only had the girl! I think I was supposed to have a boy according to the Chinese predicter also. Whoops.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son's heartbeat was slower than my daughters. The chinese calendar predicted both of mine right, but it could have just been a coincidence. I got bored both times I was pregnant and tried all of these things. Lol.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Old wives tales, but since you are having twins maybe you are having a boy and a girl. Fraternal twins rather than identical twins. Congrats though!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sweetie, they don't work. Some people believe they do because they are always right 1/2 the time. The only way you're going to know before they are born is by ultrasound or amnio.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's just for fun, the heart beat is also just for fun lol. Well I mean with I'm pregnant with my 2nd daughter and both of their hearbeat has been above 140 which is for a girl anything below that is for a boy. Congrats on the twins!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• haha i took one of those tests and it said "could not be determined" I just had to wait until my ultrasound to find out we're having a girl :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Only an amnio can tell you for certain; even an ultrasound can fool you.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010