Has anyone tried a total body detox?

I am thinking about trying one of the seven day ones. I have read that it cleanses out 7 systems and I think I could use one. If anyone has used one, I could use some imput. A friend of mine said she would not recommend it because it gets the good bacteria out with the bad.

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 9:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Health

• your friend is correct.

there are also some pretty awful side effects like headaches, chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and others.

Anonymous

• I tried something like this...it was a drink mix that you add to water once a day for 7 days. It was totally gross....I seriously almost thrw up everytime I drank it. I don't know why I finished the 7 days but I did. It didn't do anything for me except gross me out. I wouldn't do it if I were you....so not worth the torment...lol!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You're better off eating foods that will help you detox for a week. High fiber,low fat and unprocessed foods are good.Basically lots of fresh produce, whole grains and lean meats. Spinach, lemons, cranberries are all good. There is cranberry tea you could drink, too. Your body will get rid of toxins it doesn't need and you'll still be getting nutrition you need.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You need to do this once in awhile folks the reason you get headaches,etc, is cause your body is trying to rid itself of poisons that have accumulated, after the cleanse this will pass,most fo the time our bodies need longer ti cleanse one week isnt long enough.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008