my neighbor got a new dog what to do?

They already have 2 dogs which one of them is pregnant with puppies is what they told my 5 year old. We have 2 dogs as well, but they go into the fenced in backyard which I clean up after they go potty. Well they donot put these dogs on a leash even though the cop told them too and there dogs keep using the bathroom in our yard and on the sidewalk. I have stepped in it, so has the kids and so has DH on his way out for work. Then yesterday I seen they got another dog so now I am going to have 3 dogs s*iting in my yard. She cleans it up in her yard, but not mine. What should I do about this? What can I do about this? I can't talk to her along story, but we don't get along anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Call the SPCA. Maybe they aren't well-equipped enough to care for that many animals.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Do all the above advice, but in the meantime scoop up all their crap and throw it right back in her yard:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would put a not on her door or mailbox saying if you found shit in your yard one more time, that you are calling animal control. Give her a fair warning first & if she doesn't comply, then call animal control.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can either talk to her, even though you don't get along, or you can call the authorities, ie Animal Control. They will come out and talk to her and explain your town's ordinances, which I'm sure contain leash laws and pet waste info.
    Why would they get another dog if they have one that's pregnant? Ugh, hope they will get their animals fixed. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be living near irresponsible pet owners.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Call the local authorities, or animal control. If you already don't get along with her, no harm done. If you have a leash law, then they should be made to abide by it. Take pictures every time you see one of her dogs in your yard, then you will have proof in case she says it wasn't her dog that did it.
    ryansmom13

Answer by ryansmom13 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sorry. Society for the Prevention of Cruelty against Animals... I'm not sure if I got that acronym correct, but you get the picture. Haha.

Not every city has one, but the major cities should, and they will respond to more rural communities on their outskirts, I believe.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I am mean. If it were me, first I would talk to her like an adult, and tell her to please stop this problem. The very next time it happened, I would scoop up the poop, and deposit it right outside her door, that way the next time she stepped out of her house, she would get to clean the poo off her shoes!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• * note on her door
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my mom has a crappy neighbor Across the Street that would allow the dog to run around. allow the dog to run across the street to crap. and it always went in her driveway... my mom is not the type to take that lying down. she told the lady to stop it - the lady played dumb... so mom got a shovel and when the dog crapped in her yard, she threw it back in the neighbors' yard... she didnt do it nicely either. she took joy in flinging the shit toward the house one time hitting the car. the neighbor came out yelling "WTF are you doing" to which my mom said, " returning your GD dog crap." so i say... throw it back in their yard...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would get a slingshot or bb gun and pop the dogs in the *ss if I caught them in my yard...just don't tell your neighbor or it could be perceived as a threat. I have a similar issue but it's cats not dogs. Literally there are dozens of my Neighbor's cats going under my house to sh*t. I pop em when I can and it helps, and I bought a have a heart trap. But it goes in cycles because cats make kittens and every few months i have to deal with a new batch of nasty cats. Try calling animal control, too.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010