Isn't all of this troublesome to anyone else?

Call me crazy,bigoted and tell me to add some more tin foil..idc its the internet afterall..
This is NUTS..
Two years after the attacks, federal officials formed the Flight 93 National Memorial Advisory Commission responsible for making design recommendations for a permanent memorial.[107] A national design competition was held to create a public memorial in the Pennsylvania field where Flight 93 crashed. The winning design, "Crescent of Embrace," was selected out of a pool of 1,011 submissions on September 7, 2005.[108] The site plan features a large crescent pathway with red maples and sugar maples planted along the outer arc.[109] This design ran into opposition over funding, size, and appearance. Congressman Charles H. Taylor blocked $10 million in federal funds toward the project as he saw it as "unrealistic."[110] Republican Congressional leaders later persuaded him to acquiesce to political pressure and began approv

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Cordoba, in Islamic symbolic terms, means Islamic rule in the West. They are deliberately insulting us because they are certain of Americans historical ignorance.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Crescents are now tools of Satan too just because it's also a symbol of Islam? The Pillsbury Doughboy is going to be so sad to hear this :(
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i must thave missed something

the momorial is federally funded, yes i get that, i could be up for debate on cost of something like that
    but
    the mosque, i do not think that that project has anything to do with the federal gov., no funds from, no federal anything
    ????

did i miss something?

two very separate projects IMO
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• LOL @ NP!

"The word “crescent,” he said, was used as a generic architectural term for a curved line"

There is also a difference between just a curved line & an Islamic moon & star sybmol.

The only folks who would cross the two together are the ones who think Islam is taking over the world. All it is, is a pretty design. I HIGHLY doubt this guy had Islam on his mind when making the design.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• those who revere to it will likely see it as.. ________________________

Just an FYI...Muslims don't "revere" symbols. It is considered idolatry. And really, people are against crescents now? Maybe we'd better ban the Pillsbury Crescent rolls. After all, "real" Americans will see that they are covertly promoting terrorists. lol I think you are reading too much into this. It sounds like the project was over-sized and over-priced. Here is a link to the design winner's website...a professional design company. http://www.paulmurdocharchitects.com/

I couldn't find anything spooky about them.  Maybe the drama is a bunch of fear mongering, hmmmm?

stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Anyone want some Freedom Fries or Liberty Cabbage to go along with the Pillsbury Slightly Curved Rolls?
    catholicnomore

Answer by catholicnomore at 10:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• .the problem to me is WHERE it will be..
    ________________________
    Oh, that argument again? There is no evidence that this is even intended to be anything except a pretty design. Why do you insist on seeing it as a Muslim Crescent? Obsession?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• it just seems rather odd all of this and at sites where radical islamic terrorists attacked us.
    _____________________
    It seems odd to me that you would reach so hard to find something nefarious about this. What are you trying to say? Has the National Park system been infiltrated by radical terrorists? Or the design company? There is no sense to this, especially since crescents are pervasive throughout all the world. Why do you see it as the symbol of Islam? It doesn't even have the star.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Uh oh, I just noticed when I typed that - parentheses are crescent shaped too. Better ban em! Ban em now!!!!!!!!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I already stated it will likely be seen as Islamic symbolism by many..star or not..
    ___________________________
    I already stated that it will likely be seen as Islamic symbolism by only people who's agendas are furthered by fear mongering. Honestly. Crescents are not "Islamic" without the star in the first place. The star has a meaning.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2010