My breast pump

So I am cleaning my Medela breast pump and it says to take apart all parts that come in contact with the milk and the breast and boil it for 10 minutes. So does this mean I do the tubing too, and the storage bottles and tops it came with? Thanks guys :)

Starzgurl4

Asked by Starzgurl4 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, do not do the tubing or it will melt! just wash it in hot soapy water. Also medela has microwavable bags you can put your pump parts in and sterilize them. They are pretty cheap, and come 5 in a bag, you can use them up to 20 times. Although you can't put the tubing in there (I can't remember)you can put things like pacifiers and bottle nipples if you use those.
    3boys2luv

Answer by 3boys2luv at 9:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you can sterilize the tubes but there is no need to and they dont dry out well so dont bother. Yes do the bottles for storage and teh caps because they will probably come in contact with BM. I love medela pumps they are the cadillac of pumps LOL
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008