how do you deal with an annoying neighbor?

This woman has been posting mean things about me and my son on FB on other people's pages. I know she doesn't like me, but I try to be as nice to her as possible because we have kids that play together. I know that she has tried all summer to get the only other 2 children that live here year round to hang ONLY at her house and NOT play with my son. She says he is spoiled (and he is, but not so bad as to be impolite or rude, he does have manners). She talks bad about me and my son to the other parents, but won't say anything to me. She has been playing a cruel game that I don't know how to play. I pray for her almost daily, but does anyone know how to handle this without having a blow up confrontation? I'd really like to know how to play her game!

ryansmom13

Asked by ryansmom13 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• you don't have to play! you and your kids true nature will show if you let it..don't step to her level of immaturity.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You play her game, you are giving her all the power. I'd change the rules. Sounds like a face to face conversation is due, not confrontational, but just to see what's up.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have confronted her several times and she just denies all of it to my face. Her posts on other people's pages on Facebook tell a different story.
    ryansmom13

Comment by ryansmom13 (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• you culd jt ignore her or try and talk to her about this .when i had an issue with my oldest dd and this lil boy that lived down the street i went down to his house and sat down to talk with his mother and ever since then things have been really good .good luck i hope things get better
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Ignore her. You've tried talking to her, there is nothing left to do. She clearly has issues, better to avoid/ignore her and not stoop to her level.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's just not fair for my son to have to play alone when she persuades all the other kids to come to her house(inside). They love to play with my son, but she always tells them to come to her house, and she catches them as soon as they get off the bus! ( my son goes to a different school and is a car rider)
    ryansmom13

Comment by ryansmom13 (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The game is the problem and killing people kindness doesn't always work but neither does ignoring her because she wont stop until she has a reason to. Try talking to her about it although she seems pretty high school dramish as it is turn it into a joke with your other neighbors or just laugh at her and repeat what she has said to her face. Its not starting a confrontation but more saying I am well aware as to what you have been saying and it doesnt phase me. I had a neighbor like that a refer to her as the crackhead bc she was crazy but I realize she was just jealous of my life and a miserable person so I laughed it off. Hang in there if all else fails smack a hoe lol just kidding. =-)
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Don't play the game. Just be yourself, let your son be himself.
    Invite some of his own friends over to play.
    People are just crazy and rude.
    Don't bother with her, you are just wasting your time.
    Save up for a privacy fence. lol
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree with Scuba, ignore her. She does not sound like a person who is going to change.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• She has been doing this for a while, so no, I don't think she will change. The only problem is that there are only 4 kids here during school months. Her 1 and the other 2(brother and sister), that she has brainwashed into not liking my son. When she isn't around they all head straight for my house to play. I never have any problems with the kids. I just wish I knew of a reason to make her stop.
    ryansmom13

Comment by ryansmom13 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2010