my boobs ht so bad

i just has my baby on tuesday i am not breast feeding this one .i breast feed my 2 yr old when she was younger but anyway my boobs are getting filled up and they hurt idk what to do since i am bottle feeding th baby i cant pump how do you get them to stop ???

britme1027

Asked by britme1027 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you don't want to give your child that golden juice, why don't you pump and donate your milk to a child whose life depends on it?

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 9:21 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• buy a sports bra or ace bandage and wrap yourself avoid any stimulation including letting the shower water run over them. I wore two sports bras trying to get my milk to dry out also for pain relief it sounds crazy but cabbage leaves over your breast help along with ice packs.

*Side note* if she is not breastfeeding her child why would she pump for another child? People love to judge us non breastfeeding mothers but it hurt and i couldnt get my daughter to latch on right and she is super smart and healthy. Sorry not trying to be rude but I hate haters

lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• wow mama1, im sure your comment helped!!

wear a sports bra, use a ace bandage to hold ice packs on them, it is gonna hurt for a few days....
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Cabbage leaves in your bra and wear a very tight sports bra...they will dry up fast...and if the pain gets too much hot shower and express just a little bit to make yourself comfortable
    mommyof4cutekid

Answer by mommyof4cutekid at 9:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sage tea (made using a tablespoon of dried herb in a cup of boiling water) taken between two and six times day is very effective at stopping milk. If this is unpalatable try eating the sage hidden in another food. This is the most effective tea but spearmint and peppermint are both good and many women find the taste better, and some even report eating large quantities of peppermint sweets will do the trick. The quantity of peppermints required to do this would be very large.

Chickweed, Yarrow, Lemon Balm, Sorrel and Oregano have all been used in the past for reducing milk production. The essential oils of all these herbs can be added to massage oil to massage the breast to reduce tenderness and engorgement.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• NO BREAST BINDING! That's an engfraved invitation for mastitis and that's a whoile new level of pain. DO NOT BIND. It doesn't make you dry faster.

OP. Cabbage leaves in your bra. And sage tea. There is also a tea called No More Milk.. you can get it in the health food store. And if you have any estrogen birth control pills, take them. Estrogen is a known supply killer and you'll be dry by Monday.

BUT BE VERY SURE that you don't want to nurse this time around. Keep in mind that with the exception of having a baby on the breast, anything that irritated you about nursing last time was actually endemic to a BABY. BABIES don't sleep. BABIES are clingy. Etc. Infant personalities don't change with feeding method.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can breastfeed at least for now. Best for baby, best for you. What are you going to say when your baby comes to you as an adult and asks why when you knew breastfeeding was best, you even breastfed the older sister, didn't you breastfeed?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There are compresses that playtex makes.....or gerber I can't remember now but they are AWESOME I did breastfeed but got engorged and got a mastitis so it was bad but I got those and it helped SOOOO MUCH I got them at target bc my walmart didn't carry them and never saw them at babies r us they are round, go on the boob and you nipple is in the cut out center but they made a world of difference. This problem can happen to anyone regardless of breastfeeding or not. Also if you DEFINITELY aren't ask your dr to either prescribe birth control or the med that helps dry it up...(can't remember what its called sorry)
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My first suggestion would be to try to breastfeed, since it is much healthier for the baby. Your boobs will hurt either way, breastfeeding or letting your milk dry out. If you choose to breastfeed and have latching issues, try speaking with a lactation consultant (there are many places to do this for free: WIC, La Leche League...) who can help you overcome this obstacle.

If you choose to wait for your milk to dry up, warm washcloths or taking a bath should help relieve some of the pressure. You can also use your hands or a pump to siphon off some of the excess milk (although don't overdo it, unless you want to continue lactating even longer).

Do not bind your breasts, as that can cause health complications and even more pain for you.

Teas with sage, peppermint, or thyme can also be helpful, but speak with your doctor before trying them, as some people can have undesirable reactions when using herbal remedies.

Cheers!
    emeraldearth24

Answer by emeraldearth24 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010