Hi, I'm about in my 16th week.

I wanted to know if it is was normal to have pain around your belly button sometimes? I get like really sharp pain to the point where i can not move for about two minutes. My friend with kids say that it is just the baby growing.

MomAsia

Asked by MomAsia at 9:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• oh my belly button hurt just about my entire pregnancies! I think it's due to a very small umbilical hernia I have (small hernia at my belly button, about the size of a pencil).

There were days towards the end that I didn't even want my shirt touching my belly button. and screw people touching my belly! That hurt too. I punched a nurse while I was in labor with my son for pressing the heart monitor to my belly button. They then put the heart monitor on his head LOL

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes, its your ligaments stretching to accomodate the miracle growing inside you. It gets more painful but is soon accompanied by the amazing feeling of tiny kicking feet and punching hands and then the pain doesnt seem that bad. Congrats momma
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• OMG i had this last night. not only was it right under my belly button, it was off to the left side; it felt almost like I pulled a muscle, and I couldn't stretch it out... it is round ligament pain, and although it is annoying, painful, and sometimes deceiving, it is perfectly normal.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008