When speaking about abortion..do you consider it to be a live baby or just a fetus?

I've seen some people on here saying it's okay to have an abortion because it's "just a fetus". So I would like to hear all of your opinions on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i think people use the term "fetus" in the context of abortion to dehumanize the baby and to separate themselves emotionally from the fact that they are killing a baby so they can not feel so guilty about having an abortion.

otherwise, the term "fetus" is just the scientific term for an unborn baby. My doctor never called my baby a "fetus"-as in "Listen to your fetus's heartbeat!" or "Do you feel your fetus kicking?" I called my kids babies from the time I knew I was pregnant--about 5 weeks. To quote Dr. Seuss, "A person's a person, no matter how small."

Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• well, before it had a heart, brain and nervous system i don't consider it to be anything, after it develops that it's a fetus and after about 5-6 months i consider it a baby. i don't hear people saying "i feel the fetus kicking" {pro life}
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I believe that it is a life at conception. I believe that no matter the circumstances of the way the child is made, that it is a life, period. God created that life for a reason and having an abortion would mess with God's plan.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• THANK YOU! this is the first time I've had two people in a row agree with me on this topic! amazing. this world is starting to gain some hearts.
    Anonymous

• I believe at the time of conception it is a baby. No if, ands, or, buts.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 10:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't consider it a baby until after the first trimester when the chance of miscarriage is dropped. After having 2 and being told I could never carry a baby the fetus word sits comfortably with me. (Might I add I proved them wrong and had three healthy boys)
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I say it's a life from the moment you conceive. God blesses us with these little treasures to keep safe and love.
    lindseywhitaker

Answer by lindseywhitaker at 10:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I consider it a fetus until the time it can survive outside the mother's womb on its own.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• ny.chica--you say you consider it a fetus for all 9 months, so when do you consider it "wrong" to have an abortion, if at all?
    Anonymous

• I personally consider it a fetus until the heart starts beating at 5-8 weeks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008