Beauty can be a curse......

Do you believe this statement? I'm not trying to sound full of myself so please don't take it that way. I kind of agree with this because I was molested twice as a girl, almost raped, and then a numerous amount of my friends husbands/boyfriends have made inapropriate comments towards me where I had to tell them to back off. I wonder if I was less attractive if I would have these problems or if men are just like this. What do you ladies think?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• looks have nothing to do with being the victim of sexual abuse, it is about the illness of the perpatrator
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i agree with pp, but i have a sil who has this happen to her ALL the time, she is always flirting and being coy with these males.....
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sometimes it can be a curse, but not just for the reasons you have suffered but also for many others. Like for some owmen they get so full of themselves that they depend on their looks to help them survive, when those looks are gone they don't have a safty net. Also some owment hink because they are so attractive they are more deserving than others, Etc.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think you are completely, totally, absolutely wrong. Rape is about power, not sex. Beliefs such as yours are what contributes to eating disorders, self-abusive behaviors, anxiety disorders and suicide. Educate yourself.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i know exactly what you mean Memigen
    thank goodness i have not lost my safty net
    I am more deserving than others and i know it
    some days i can not even count the number of men that come knocking on my door

it is tough being beautiful

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You may be dressing/acting in such a way that you don't realize that you are putting yourself out there. Watch your actions and you may be surprised.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• and of course rape and child sexual abuse is a separate issue all together

i am just talking about........ the numerous amount of my friends husbands/boyfriends have made inapropriate comments towards me where I had to tell them to back off

two different questions here, can not put in same question
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I do believe it has its downs. Definatly get a lot of unwanted attention, that's for sure.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

This isn't a belief...I was just asking if any other cafemommers thought this was true and gave information on my past as to why I think it MIGHT be. To respond to another mom, I wear jeans and t'shirts and don't wear revealing clothing. I'm conservative in my dress and don't even wear shorts (capri's only). I'm timid around men so I don't think my dress and attitude around them is attracting this behavior. Perhaps some men are just pigs like that. Idk.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I don't think it has to do with beauty. There are lots of women who get taken advantage of, that are just plain ugly.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2010