I have been married for almost 10years and have dealt with verbal abuse the entire time. I began texting another man and now my husband threatens taking the kids away. Can he?

manjo76

Asked by manjo76 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm gonna say it depends on a lot more than just you textin someone.
    But, if that's how he wants to be, yeah he can take you to court for custody.

Why don't you just leave? File for divorce and custody first?
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Most states are "no fault" meaning that even if you have an actual affair it will have no bearing on a divorce. Child custody is a bit different, but typically the mother has more rights than the father in a custody battle. He's bullying you. Talk to an attorney.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Not unless a Judge tells him he can, and even though you should have left him before texting another man, a Judge is most likely not going to see that as bad parenting on your part.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• File for divorce but I will warn you that he can take your kids as of right now and leave and there is nothing you can do about it because you have no custody agreement on them, but that works both ways=). Get an EPO and file for divorce. I hope it all works out for you.
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No he cannot unless he has legal right given by the court.
    If he runs with the kids that IS kidnapping. Even though they're his children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no, what state are you in? if you live in OH too - the state's position is the best place for a child is with his or her Mother! :) so look up your state's record - yahoo answers has a lot of info on that. he has been Abusive. get that on tape. prove to that judge that he shouldnt be allowed alone with your babies at all, let alone taking them from you, he is just trying to say something else to hurt you! teach him a lesson and get full custody with mad child support.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• why would you even risk losing your kids over a guy? if you dont want your husband anymore just divorce him ,then you can do what you want whenever you want.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree with ToriBabe1221
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2010