Please Tell me What You Would Do!!

My kid, AKA DH, always snores. This morning I won the battle!!! I always try different ways to get him to stop snoring from, asking him to turn over, to tickeling the bottom of his feet. I have even tried spraying him with water, and "Trying to wake him up gentely" wink,wink.lol I have had him see a doctor, and he's fine.
Please if any of you have tried anything else or have suggestions please let me know. And I havent told DH that I am letting everyone in the world know he snores. haha. At least not untill I can get some suggestions.
And PLEASE feel free to come up with creative things! We need a good laugh.

andi2angel

Asked by andi2angel at 9:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• pinch his nose,put a pillow on his face

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Has he had a sleep study? He may have sleep apnea. That's what my job deals with and excessive snoring is a big sign of that. :)

Other than that all I do is the same things you've already tried, lol.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My DH doesn't snore, but when I was little my Dad did. My Mom would elbow him in the ribs and scream, "You are snoring again!!!!" Lol, it didn't work though he still snores.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• sew a pocket into the back of some tshirts he can sleep in and put a tennis ball in the pocket before he goes to bed. when he is lying on his back asleep and snoring the feeling of the tennis ball will cause him to roll over, and this helps the snoring by reducing the amount of tissue he has blocking his airway.
    take him to an ENT for corrective surgery if he is a candidate, snoring causes permanent heart problems. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yes he has and they have said he is fine.
    andi2angel

Comment by andi2angel (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well I would say the strips that go on his nose.. it clears the opening.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The breath right strips worked for my husband.
    I have also heard that acute snoring can be a result of sleep Apneha (spelling?).
    chex9495

Answer by chex9495 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• JewJewbee, I have heard of the tenis ball thing. And the Dr.s have said that nothing is wrong. I asked them if they were joking! I said then you come and sleep next to him and see how much sleep you get!
    andi2angel

Comment by andi2angel (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ive heard of a bite plate type thing that moves your lower jaw forward and helps clear the airway. or you could wear earplugs. me an my husband have this problem I snore and my husnad gets irraitated. but i dont know when i am snoreing and i personally cant help it then my husband claims that he doesnt but he does. basically earplugs and get to bed and asleep before him. GL
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yeah try those nose strips... or they have special pillows that are supposed to stop snoring
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2010