MY Kids Party Day

Me and my sister have never gotten along.
I'm having my son's birthday party on the Saturday of his birthweek.
Well my sister decides that she's having her daughter baptised that same day!
Why? Probably just to piss me off!
She says she can't get off work any other Saturday, which I know for sure is a LIE!
That is the only day that I can have his party, because of where we are having it.
So who's right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I would stick to the plans. Your childs family on you and your husbands side I am guessing will be invited, so for those who do not show up their loss. Your child doesn't have to know any different. Just go onwith your plans and that be that..
    Have fun take lots of pictures!
    LadyBug.Love

Answer by LadyBug.Love at 12:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There's no one "right" in this situation, your child is having a birthday, your niece is getting baptized - both big events for little kids. If they are at different times, can't both be on the same day? I don't see anyone "winning" on this one - she is going to deny that she has any other Saturday off, and you're going to stand firm on your choice of location.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Just have your child birthday party like you planned and now you have an excuse on why you can’t attention her baptismal since you made plans first.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There is no right or wrong to this situation.
    Just have your party and either they come or they don't.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• whoever sent out the invites first and scheduled it first is right.(That is YOU right?!?) .. tell her she is only hurting the ppl who will have to chose, it doesnt bother you at all that she wont be there and that you wont see her kid's thing... that she cant hurt you by that - that she is just showing everyone what a bitch she is.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2010