GOP and WH probes?

Whatcha think?

By GLENN THRUSH | 8/27/10 4:25 AM EDT
If President Barack Obama needed any more incentive to go all out for Democrats this fall, here it is: Republicans are planning a wave of committee investigations targeting the White House and Democratic allies if they win back the majority.

Everything from the microscopic – the New Black Panther party – to the massive –- think bailouts – is on the GOP to-do list, according to a half-dozen Republican aides interviewed by POLITICO.

Continue Reading Text Size
-+reset POLITICO 44

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• While I agree there are things that need to be addressed and laid to rest I'd like to see them take the high road for a change. Repeal the HC reform do it right, cut back spending, get America back to work and back on track. If there is a hint of criminal behavior by all means have at it. Otherwise put our focus on what's important and forget the vendetta.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• So they are saying that even if they win, they will not move forward with the things they think will help the country, but they instead will continue to play politics and stupid games. That would piss me off if I was a Republican. Don't we have better things to do, what with a couple of wars, crazy countries with nukes, and a huge recession that continues to drag down the country? Ugh what a bunch of idiots.

Go ahead and probe away, I guess it's better than passing a bunch of laws I would hate anyways.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Like Ken Starr conducted?

A man just doing a job he was appointed to do by Clintons Atty Gen.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

And THAT is the exact sort of statement that keeps us screwed by our government. This isn't a playground war, this is our lives.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If our country is as divided as this forum would seem to indicate, will we ever be able to unite to regain strength and international economic power? Is is more about proving the other side wrong, incompetent, ignorant, or is it more important to make a concerted shift to the middle and common ground? Seems like the government is similar to the country- just a bunch of bickering, stomping of feet and posturing while the country circles the drain. Sadly, I think many in government (as well as here) would love to see it go down the drain, in order to prove some perverted point.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no self incriminating witch hunts, eh?

Why do they think we are only mad at the democrats?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• So what? EVen if the Democrats and Obama admitted to everything the Republicans "think they will find", it would not change how Republicans/Conservatives feel about the President and Democrats. Republicans/Conservatives are rigid, prejudicial and unforgiving people.
    Investigate away,Repubs. I bet you ladies here are just drooling....bet ya can't wait.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• they will not move forward with the things they think will help the country, but they instead will continue to play politics and stupid games. That would piss me off if I was a Republican. Don't we have better things to do, what with a couple of wars, crazy countries with nukes, and a huge recession that continues to drag down the country?

ITA, Stacy. They still get paid for life, no matter what they do- God I hope nobody is buying the crap they're trying to sell-it's putrid.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I don't know if it is true but ....
    Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander. At least this time it will be warranted.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• A man who spent 56 MILLION DOLLARS to prove a married man lied about getting a BJ

----

Uhm...No... that would be lying under oath. The two are not the same. The case was not about sex Sweet.

http://www.time.com/time/subscriber/personoftheyear/archive/stories/1998.html

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010