help. I want another baby, but I am afraid what family will say

My mom is starting to ease up on this, but now it is my grandparents. Noone in my family likes my DH only because he speaks his mind. Anyway my first DD now 5 they had a fit about and wanted me to get my tubes tied. Then I got pregnant with my other DD now 2.5 and then they really threw a fit and wanted me to get my tubes tied I was going to because they wanted me too, but then I couldn't go threw with something I didn't want to get done. Both kids were planned. Now we want to have another one start trying after my period in September and I am afraid to cause everytime my grandma sees me she tells me how I need to wait for a few years or how I shouldn't have another one. We make decent money to not be on welfare nd things like that. I thought about getting my tubes tied this time just so they leave me alone. DH only wants one more and me I am not sure if I want it to be my last. Thoughts please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Never, ever, ever, ever choose whether to have more children based on anyone other then YOU and your DH. Period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Who are you living with, raising a family with, sleeping with? When you marry, your spouse comes before any other family. He should be put first.

If you can afford it, he treats you fairly, and you both want it, have the baby. Your family needs to keep their nose out of it!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Why would they have any rule over your organs? Do they pay your bills or raise your kids? And why on earth would they be mad about you having kids?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• This is a decision that only you and your DH make. It is not anyone elses business. If you love him and he is a good husband who loves you nothing else matters. I don't get why your family thinks they have any say in it. Best wishes no matter what you decide.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I guess I don't understand why they have THIS much say over what you want to do in your life - there is a difference between a man who speaks his mind and a straight out jackass - if you are happy in your relationship and in love and want another baby and can afford it, it really shouldn't be your familys decision..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Honestly, I would tell them flat out, that I was an adult, my DH and I took care of ourselves and our children, therefore it was our decision. I would also let them know, if they wanted to continue to be a part of our lives, that they were going to have to accept the fact that we would be making the decisions for our family!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• was it a medical reason they do not want you to have more children? mean you are married and taking care of your kids. why would they even care. don't they love your children. if you can take care of your children and that is what your husband and you want then go for it. have as many as you would like.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Jademom07
    I live with DH and my kids

BradenIsMySon
    No DH pays all bills and raises both my girls. I guess because they don't like my DH. It isn't like I wasn't married first. I was and they both were planned just like this one will be.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• lambdarose

No medical reason. Yes I am 28 years old by the way. Yes they do love my children, but they tell me I shouldn't have anymore. I guess cause they don't think people can change. For a little while there (DH is the only one who works) and for a while he wasn't paying bills we almost lost our house and the water and electric got shut off a couple times, but since I almost left him one time he has been paying bills and we got our house back and we are doing really good now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When it comes to having a baby, that should be yours and your spouse's decision. No one else's. Your family isn't going to have to take care of it, they aren't going to have to be the one who carries the baby for 9 months or pushes it out. So technically it's not up to them to decide if you should have another baby or not.

If you and your hubby want another baby, go for it!! Don't listen to your family. Who cares what they say? It's your life.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010