Fundraising Ideas!

I just volunteered to plan a big event to raise funds to open a non-profit Birth Center in Baltimore, MD. I have a few ideas I can capitalize on, but I don't want to limit possibility with just my 2 cents. So, what can you think of that could raise say $10,000 for this worthy cause? I am pretty sure I can get a professional hall free of charge to book something.

onlycathyo

Asked by onlycathyo at 10:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• Think about doing a raffle. Around here, people love 50/50 raffles, or if you raffle something off you could ask for donations from the community so all the money goes to you. The good thing about this is that your only real expense is the rolls of tickets...you don't have to go through a third party, you will know how much you're making as it comes in...people understand raffles, like them, and I would rather spend $1 on a ticket than $12 on a box of peanuts or something where only a few dollars makes it to the cause anyway.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I sale Discovery Toys and we do fundraisers. you can go to my website to see the products www.discoverytoyslink.com/amysoutter. I know that pampered chef, and a lot of the home based party programs have fundraisers. Really good to do around the holidays so people can do christmas shopping. Also do yard sale, silent auction, make a cookbook, raffle items, put up donation buckets in stores around town. Ask local resturant to donate 50 cents or a $1 for every meal placed on a certain evening. If you need more ideas pm me.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 10:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you might also check out this webpage. They do photos kind of like glamour shots.
    http://www.glamourmagicfundraising.com/
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 10:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I am a demonstrator for Gold Canyon Candles and we do fundraisers also. If you like you can check out my website at http://mygc.com/tarapiotrowicz Good luck with whatever you do!
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 10:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was involved with a fundraiser every year for the local children's hospital... One year we raised $27,000+ Most of what we did was "tip" boards for great stuff... We also had every one donate all their pennies, and BINGO tickets... If you are looking to get a hall and raise money how about a "Bash" of some kind... We did a gun bash and a cash bash... they both raised alot...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Get online!!! Its great for fundraisers!!!

I am an independent affiliate for Global Domains International. Its free to start, and only $10 a month after that but well worth it! Look at my website it gives you all the info. Contact me if you have more questions.
    http://www.freedomathome.ws

~Kelli
    kellibelle

Answer by kellibelle at 1:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008