how can i live without my daddy

so my dad is sick. we found out a couple years ago by a doctor that he has something surrouding his liver. well they told us that it could be because his on the bigger side and said if he chaged his living habits he would be better. he changed his eatign habbits and was loosing weight. we though everything was going good. until about 3 days ago when it started hurting. yesterday he was very down and he keeps talking about how he doesnt see a future. it makes me so sad yesterday i was crying most of the night and the little time i actually went to sleep it was just to have horrible dreams of him. my dad has always been there for me and i love him so much i cant picture my life withough him. i just dont want nothing to happen to him he doesnt want to go to teh doctor because according to him he doesnt want the doctor to tell him its over. i love him so much!!im really hoping he gets better

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• It depends on what it is. If he lets it go, nothing CAN be done. He HAS to go, he HAS to fight. He's got YOU, he has grandkids. Right now, cry, beat a pillow, get it out. But then you need to be there for him, and build him up. Support him because is sounds like he just doesn't have it in him right now.
    I know it's scary. I was sitting on my couch one night and got a call from my Rheumatologists PA. My liver enzymes were 2 1/2 times too high. Meds? She didn't know. I had to get tested again. Next test they were 4 times too high. 4 times???? Third test, they were going back down. Don't know why. I have medical issues, it's scary. I'm only 35 have have more then enough of them. I hate going to the doc to find out more. But if I don't go, and get things fixed before it's too late, it's too late.
    Be there for your dad, break down at home, not in front of him. Be strong for him. He needs that, and you need that. What IS his Dx?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• huge hugs honey.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Oh honey.. I am SO Sorry... * hugs**
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm so sorry.

He should have another checkup. There might be something they can do now that he has lost some weight and changed his eating habits. Cherish these days with him. Spend as much time as you can with him. You will never regret it. Be optimistic when you are with him. The strength you give each other now will carry you through whatever the future holds. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• spend as much time as you can with him. Try to help him see a brighter side to it. assure him he will be ok and tell him how much you love him. Don't talk about how much you will hurt if you lose him. Just tell him how much you are thankful for him and for being there for you all your life. Take him chocolates, if he is allowed to have them. Its a happy candy. It sounds like its his anxety and its causing him to think only the worst. All you can do it love him and enjoy the time you have with him. Also be sure he goes to the doc. It maybe somehting that can be cured. He may feel all alone when all alone. Call him as often as you can even if its just to say i love you
    LadyBug.Love

Answer by LadyBug.Love at 12:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• *hugs*
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• As hard as this is, love and support your father as much as you can. Just be there for him for big things and small things. Call him to tell him you love him....While you may be sad that you could be losing your father, know that you are blessed to have a father you will miss when he is gone because I don't have that. My father told me he would hate me until the day he dies so please just be the best daughter you can to him and let him know what an awesome dad he is:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I recently went through the loss of my mother, so I know how difficult it is to think that someone you love so much may not be there soon. I miss her so much and wish I would have spent as much time as I could with her before. Now it is too late. Spend as much time with him as you can. Make memories that will get you through if something happens. And if he goes to the dr and gets help and gets better, great! You will still always have those memories to cherish. Good luck to you and God bless.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• its sad but we all know that eventually we and the people we love are going to die. just make the best of the time that he has left
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• hugsIm so sorry to hear about your dad

noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2010