What is your child's favorite book and do you have it memorize? Also, have you ever pretended to read a really long book when you were actually summarizing it to them?

momof365

Asked by momof365 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My son's favorite is Dr. Seus's "Fox in Socks". I know it word for word. When I'm in a waiting line, I recite it to myself to pass time.

The kiddos also like "Three Little Kittens". I have to read it to them even though they know it by heart already.

Yes, I've summarized Little Red Riding Hood - yeah, I know it's not very long, but I was tired! :)
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we have 2 favorites.. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein and There Was An Old Lady (that swallowed a fly) by an Unknown Author. Yup they are memorized..
    The kids were always amazed that I could read the book while driving down the road.. and they sat in the back seat turning the pages.. LOL.. They all believe that mommy has special powers.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Favs are DOGS and Moo,Baa,LaLaLa.
    Of course I summarize, we get through the pages that way, ususally, but I never have to with these two books, and she already knows them. I have them memorized and I know she will soon. She's 15 months old and loves to look at books.
    jazzy629

Answer by jazzy629 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Our current favorites are Little Quack and Two Little Trains. I pretty much have them memorized. I memorized her bed time book (the last book of the night, The Going To Bed Book) when she was about 4 months old since I couldn't hold her and the book at the time. And yes, I've summarized to speed things up when I know she's super tired at naptime or bedtime.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Don't have them memorized, but have shortened books up because of bedtime or something else.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My son loves the book "five little monkey's jumping on the bed" & yes I have it memorized!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My sons fav book is I love you through and through. Hes only 11 months but he gets so mad when we put it down. he'll kinda hit the pages to tell us to keep reading lol. I think the second day he had it i had it memorized.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have soooo read the "abridged" version of really long books LMFAO! Oh does that make me a bad mom? Then there are the ones I have memorized...feeling my pain? big A little a what begins with A? Aunt Allie's aligator AAA I have Zues on the brain!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My son has me read, The Five Little Monkeys (Jumping on the Bed) book to him before bed each night. It's an easy book so I do have it memorized. Some nights he wants me to read it to him "silly." So those nights I get to come up with my own words and I have to make him laugh!
    Marybeth

Answer by Marybeth at 9:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008