I need advice because my 7yr old is still bedwetting and I dont know what else to do. Any tips?

Ive tried pull ups, waking her up every 1-2hrs at night, drinks stopped at 6:30p, sitting on the potty for 30mins before bed, charts, rewards, drs and specialist. Its getting worse now because not only is she waking up wet but now shes waking up soaked! please any tips or advice Im despreate

HuntingMama88

Asked by HuntingMama88 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• at 7 its highly unlikely this is something she can control. she could have an overactive bladder or just be a super deep sleeper. have you talked to a dr about a medication for overactive bladder?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Is it every night?? I had a bed wetting problem well through my teens and early adulthood - I had become SO terrified of wetting the bed that I now wake every hour out of habit - my dad had the same problem so I am not sure if genetics play a role or what.. I am sorry - I don't have much advice but I hope it gets better.. :( it can be devistating trying to do sleepovers -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• One of my granddaughters still wets the bed. She will be 8 soon. My brothers and I wet the bed until we were 10 or so. My nephew also wet the bed and he had a nasal spray that his pediatrician prescribed for him. It worked beautifully. You might want to ask about that if you haven't already. Try to be patient..........she will most likely outgrow it. Be loving and understanding with her. Best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Ive tried talking to her Dr and shes tried meds but no change
    HuntingMama88

Comment by HuntingMama88 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was a bedwetter until14 years old. (medical term is enuresis, FYI) Still don't really know why, but it seems like it was hereditary, if that is possible. But only the women on my mom's side, none of the males had that issue. It seems you are doing all you can do. It may be something she will just outgrow. In the meantime please do what you can to keep her self-esteem on board. It can be so embarassing. Try doing a search, see what info you can find.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 11:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'd go with PP .... my lil bro wet till his teens too. I've always believed super deep sleep, allergies, and stress prob. contributed.
    You've looked at the medical: bladder issues, tried having her practice holding etc. I'd personally back up, esp. if she's now soaking even worse and readrs. in a bit.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My 8 year old was still wetting the bed and wore diapers until I had my baby feb of this year. I just stop giving her drinks after 6pm and wake her up twice a night to go to the bathroom. She has only had a couple of accidents since.
    morbidkeeb

Answer by morbidkeeb at 1:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2010