Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a SIL that is dealing with harrassment in the workplace who would she report them to?

She is an LPN and the head nurse is always treating her as a verbal punching bag and taking everything out on her.
She is looking for work elsewhere but knows for a fact that her current place of employment is giving her a bad reference ...who can she turn to?


Asked by togo90210 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 18 (6,374 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Well, if your SIL isnt performing badly, it is illegal to give a bad reference based on personal vendettas. I would report thr head nurse to HR. Remember, everyone has a boss!

    Answer by smushy79 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • Definitely to HR. In her employee handbook, that should information should be readily available.

    Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • To the Human Resources department.

    Answer by ihatetocook at 10:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • Report her to the head nurse or the medical board of the hospital itself.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010



    Answer by rkoloms at 10:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • The HEAD nurse is the one causing the problems...

    Comment by togo90210 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • She should start with the HR department. That's how it works in every company I know of.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • Have her talk to the HR dept.

    Answer by jilligan362 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010