Anyone here use craigslist when looking for a job?

Does anyone else get annoyed of all the fake ads for jobs or the job post that don't have any real contact info? it is already frustrating enough to find work in this economy. I wish there was some way to crack down on the fake ads or make a rule that there has to be at least legitimate contact info on the ad.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are real jobs on Craigslist; there are fake jobs on Monster, Job Fox, Career Builder, etc.

Did you know that only about 40% of the available positions are found through job ads? Most are found through networking.

There are lots of tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I haven't seen a job ad on Craigslist yet that hasn't been a scam or hasn't resulted in my e-mail address being sold to spammers. There is a way to report spam and scams to Craigslist. (Or at least there was last time I was on the site.) When I got spam in response to something i was trying to sell, I forwarded the e-mail to them. I found the e-mail in the FAQs, I believe. There also is a way to report the scams. There should be a link on the ad itself that says "report" or something like that.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's hard sorting through all the crap on there. My husband was just looking for a job as well, and got sick of sorting through craigslist crap. I know here in Utah there is a job board postted on the dept of workforce services website. Maybe there is something like that where you live that you could use? It was really helpful and he just found a job this week that was from that board.. Good Luck!!
    23wkrmommy

Answer by 23wkrmommy at 11:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• there are tons of scams..i post ads on craigslist and had a ton of people join my team but i have also got tons of spam emails from people..so i think it goes both ways..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I post jobs on CL, so I can vouch for the fact that there are real jobs there.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I used it a few times when I was job hunting. I only found scams. Not one add resulted in so much as an interview.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010