How do i get my son to go potty?

My sln is almost 3 and wants nothing to do with being potty trained. he has gone in the potty but still wants to wet his diapers. anyh suggestions?

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• when you find out- let me know, I have followed all the advice and suggestions and methods - and still nothing - he can't wear pull ups because he's allergic yet he will pee and poop in underpants and just gets excited to get a new clean pair on lol!! he turns 3 in nov so I still do have time but I think if he's old enough to say Mom, change me I pooped, he SHOULD be able to go the bathroom this morning..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• not this morning.. sorry someone was talking to me and I typed that haha.. he should be able to go to the potty by himself if he can tell me he just went, right?? lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I took mine and had him try every 15 minutes at first and kept it up until he had it down to routine. Then upped it to 30 minutes and did that until it was routine. By day 4, he was trained. Don't ask or wait on them. Take them and tell them it is time to learn and they are going to learn to be big boys and use the potty.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Do you have a baby in the house as well who is still in diapers? Maybe he feels that if he uses the potty, he won't get as much attention and is trying to "stay a baby" for as long as he can. I know my daughter started to do the same thing after the excitement of potty training wore off a little. When I asked her the other morning if she was ready to put on her "big girl panties" she said, "No, I want to wear a diaper. I'm little like sissy." I then explained to her that I was really proud of her when she wore "big girl panties" and that she was special that she got to wear them. I told her I was so excited that she was growing up and that I love "mommy's big girl". Then she got all happy and proud and pranced over to put them on, looked at her sister and said, "I'm such a big girl! Mommy loves me!" lol
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would start by getting rid of the diapers, having him pick out his own new underwear, creating a reward system, and taking him frequently and often. Good Luck!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 29, 2010