why do parents fail to realize

that the cute "baby" name they choose will also be their older child, then teen, and adult child's name?

it may be adorable for a "baby", but it's not a baby name- it is their name for life.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah, there are some names that youre just like uh, yeah...hello they have to be an adult some day!!! dont want to say any b/c ive seen some of them around cm and dont want to offend anyone.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think it will grow with them.. by the time they are elderly.. it may be an old fashioned name. My girls have names that sound cute for a baby, but I couldn't see it on an older lady.. but it's their names.. & I love them.♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well, when I had my son, there were hardly any Braden's at all and the only ones I knew were all in there 20's. So, I only knew older Bradens...now that EVERYONE has taken it over, it sounds like a cutesy baby name and I seriously hate that. I try to think of them as baby, kid, teen and adult. And it has to flow with the middle and last name. A lot of factors go into what I pick for a name. LOL Although had I been psychic and knew how this name was going to go, I would not have used it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When choosing names I looked for something that fit a baby, a kid, a teen an adolecent, an adult and an old person.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my mom loved the name she picked for me, it wasn't popular, very unique... I despise my name! Evelyn! UGH until recently I had never met anyone named Evelyn under the age of 60. Now everyone's naming their little babies it. I just hope all these little Evelyns have much less problems with their name than I did growing up
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That's why I wanted to name my girl Eleanore. :-) I figured it would fit when she was 80. I have seen some that make me wonder how the kid will get a job.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I Know!! Why is that they cannot think into the future? When I had my 1st baby her dad wanted all these weird names he thought were cute...i had to tell him not to think about what is cute but what will sound good when she is out applying for a job, think down the line....
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I once heard someone say that you should try putting "President" in front of the full name. If it doesn't work, don't name your kid that. No President Raynebow Skye XXX.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When I named my girls, I was looking for something different/unique & something that 10 other girls wouldn't have when they started school. My oldest will most likely be the only one w/ her name in school b/c until I heard the name in a movie; it never hear it before. Her name is Lyria (Leer*re*ya ) Syvinna. My youngest isn't really all that different but I haven't seen too many of them lately. Her name is Layla Seleste ( I wanted to name her Scarlet Aurora but was over-ruled lol). I don't see their names being to "babified" for them as they progress into adults.

eblstanford

Answer by eblstanford at 11:23 AM on Aug. 27, 2010