would it be wrong not to have a birthday party for my baby's first birthday?

My husband travels for his work and he will probably be out of town anyway, plus the baby isn't going to remember it, so is it wrong not to have any kind if party?

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nothing wrong with that at all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Completely up to you. You can still get a cupcake and take a picture without all the hoopla.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's fine, but you should mark the day some how. Just give him a cupcake after dinner and take pictures. That way you create a cute memory. Can you invite your parents over? I would.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• nothing wrong with it
    bet you regret it down the road
    can have on day when husband is home
    nothing big, but just enough for some pictures
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No nothing wrong with that. I always felt the first birthday party was for the adults anyway. You can have a quiet party for just yourselves. Maybe a cake and ice cream, a gift, and just being together. Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Buy a birthday hat, and a cupcake, take a pic and there you go! I like to take pics on each of my kids birthdays to see how they age through the year. Either way your baby wont remember.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Not wrong at all. I got my daughter a big chocolate muffin and took some pictures and that was it. No reason to go through a massive amount of expense and time and stress when the kiddo won't remember it.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• IMHO the 1st birthday party is just attention for the parents and an excuse to party for the guests. The kid isn't going to remember it and most likely will be overwhelmed by the party anyways.

I have never had a big 1st (or even 2nd) birthday party for my kids. And no I don't regret it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i would still have a cake and sing happy birthday, even if it was just me and the baby. you dont have any family around?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• make a cake and take pics!
    you don't need to have a party though :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010