Do you talk the same way around your friends as you do your children?

Use the same words.. phrases..

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 11:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are things that I say around my friends that I don't say in front of children and they are not related to curse words. Different age, different types of conversations.

The way I talk to DD is how I talk to friends. I don't baby talk her. She is human, not alien.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no,not at all
    daughter- three, has speech delays,
    therapist taught me to slow down speech and use simple words, repeat words, use sign with words etc

it would drive an adult crazy if i spoke to them that way
    in public, strangers must think i am an idiot who talks to a three yr old like a baby
    oh well, strangers have said things to me before
    like..."What is wrong with her?"

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Exactly the same. Even when he didn't talk yet at like 5 months old, I carried on conversations with him and paused for his response. LOL e is 14 now and has been carrying on conversations with me since age 2 or 3.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yes we talk the same but ours are 14 and 17...if they were "little" kids we wouldn't.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No.. I filter what I say around my son.. I feel I always will to a certain degree -he doesn't need to worry about the things like bills or stresses in my life or our life that I would vent to with my friends -phrases and words I guess with anyone.. I filter a bit there too
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010