ok so im 22 yrs old and i have known my best friend for about 10yrs. we started occasionally sleeping together 3yrs ago.... adult content

when we first slept together we both agreed it would not be anything more then just sex and obviously a friendship....so earlier this yr when he was dating a chick he told me im the only one he feels comfortable sleeping with cuz he can open up and not be afraid of what i think and what he wants to try. (i obviously didnt sleep with him when he was taken)he came around the other night and we had a few drinks, things happened and he said it again.. over the past few weeks he has contacted me more then usual and the night i slept him him recently he made little noises when kissing me (witch he has never done before) was very snugly. when he left the next morning he put his arm around my waist while we walked to the door and then he kissed me a few times with those funny sounds again. now im not sure if he likes me more then a friend or if i should just be taking it as a friendly compliment?... any ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I have been in the situation with a best friend of 7 years we gave having a relationship a shot. It didn't work out. I regret taking it to that level with him because now I have lost a friend in him also.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sounds like hes catching feelings.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That sounds like he likes you sweetie. He has full out signs of it! aww.. how cute!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 11:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yup! He's caught them alright!! Are you in?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i never like the trying to figure things out. i say that if he wants you then have him be the one to tell you. i would just continue to be the same person i ever was.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• He likes you more than a friend. Sex can do that to friends.. Not to say he didn't like you more than afriend before the sex. Either way. If you give it a try and it fails you can lose a friend. However, you are already sleeping with him. Which can make your friendship difficult anyways. It maybe difficult to have a real relationship with others and continue your friendship with each other. You may begin to not approve of his GF's and he not of your BF's. You like him more than a friend, or you wouldn;t have slept with him.. Same for him and sleeping with you. I have some great looking male friends but I could never see sleeping with them. Akward!
    I say stop the sex and save your friendship or go for the relationship and continue the sex. If it works out, it may be great since you were best friends first! Just if it gets rocky, end it on good terms and try to save a friendship.
    LadyBug.Love

Answer by LadyBug.Love at 12:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I also tried making it work with my best friend and needless to say it did not work out at all and i also lost him. I say do what you feel is right.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• In the end you will lose him as a friend anyway... if you or he meets someone else serious.... that person isn't going to want the old booty call friend hanging around all the time. You would have to end that friendship out of respect for your serious relationship.

SOOOO.... give a relationship with him a shot. I would ask something innocent like "something seems different? you seem more affectionate" and see where it goes. If he denys anything different, then you know its nothing. If he doesn't then you might have the awkward conversation of 'let's date for real.' If you are best friends already and having great sex, I am not sure why you wouldn't want to date him.

One of my best friends and I kept missing each other. I would be single when he was not and vice versa. There was always a sexual tension, but out of respect for friendship we didn't do anything. I still wonder what we missed out on.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my husband was my best friend and we became friends with benefits things got in the way we seperated , then got back together but right now i am not sure where we will end up because he has changed over 11 years time only time will tell
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Friends with benefits. That is all it is.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010