Why does my husband put his dirty clothes on the floor in front of the hamper?

Is there any possible logic behind this bizarre behavior?

Asked by elizabiza at 11:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It's a genetic defect - caused by the Y chromosome. There's only cure - put the hamper under a basketball goal.

Answer by bluejupalex at 5:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• HA! If you figure out the cure, let me know.

Answer by Courtney610 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Because he knows that you will be the maid and pick them up.

I cured my ex of this habit when his clothes didn't get washed. I told him that I would only wash what was in the hamper. A couple times of running out of clean clothes fixed that.

You are the wife, not the slave. He is a grown man and should be able to help out.

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My husband is guilty of this also. I simply refuse to wash anything that is not in the laundry basket or in the laundry room. I refuse to gather clothes us off the floor, behind the bathroom door or from the landing at the bottom of the steps where to tossed it. He now has to do most of his own laundry since once I am done, I do not go back and do more laundry because you fixed the problem AFTER the laudry was completed and you realized too late that you had no clean clothes to wear

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My husband and little brother (who lives w/ us) do the SAME thing. It drives me nuts, lol. & I think its pure laziness. & Because instead of going over and actually putting the clothes in the hamper, they just toss the clothes in the general direction.

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:23 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have the answer. Clothes hampers are completely invisible to all male humans!

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i started a rule that only clothes that were actually IN the hamper get washed. if they are on the floor that is where they stay. the first time he absolutely had to have clean shorts and they werent clean that ended that problem lol

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• HAHAHA! I started to wonder if there was something wrong with mine.....glad to know he's not the only one who does that. :D

Answer by Kword at 11:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my husband used to do that . In till about a month ago. and now he literally walks over there and puts it in.. I love i t

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 11:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My husband does the same thing! It drives me nuts. I'll go in the bathroom after he takes his shower and there lay his dirty clothes on the floor next to the big hamper we have. You would think he could just put them in there since he hates hearing me bitch about it daily!

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2010