I've been researching Elimination Communication- anyone tried it?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 11:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I have done it with great success. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby

RoostersMom4 obviously doesn't even know what it means if she's being that knee jerk judgmental. It pays to at least look something else before you start banging away at the keyboard :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've known a couple of moms that have done it. In order for it to work you have to be really in tune with your baby. It would seem to me like you would have to stay home all the time but that's not so with some moms.

What it is about is your baby doesn't wear a diaper. The mom is aware of signals of when the baby has to go and moves the baby away from her body (primative cultures) or puts the baby somewhere ok to go (toilet, sink, potty, ect). It's not the same as early potty training.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've never heard of it...enlighten me!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• never heard of it. tell us more!
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• oooh, maybe i should have posted this in the debate section....
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Thanks for the link amileegirl... The whole thing seems really fascinating to me. I've literally just heard about this for the first time yesterday but it really seems like a really natural and stress free way to teach baby about the toilet. I'm having my first in Nov. and I'll be staying home with her (I was planning on using cloth diapers anyway, so its not much of a stretch for me to give EC a try). Though I'm pretty sure that my family will think I'm a little crazy. I showed my husband some videos about it last night and he looked a little skeptical but I think if I really want to do it he'll go for it.
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Insanity! Clearly only used by people who have nothing better to do with their life.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2010