powder fomula or water first

My mom was like why cant you just put the fomula powder in first then fill it with water.
I said whats the difference. I dont want to overfill it then have to pour some out.
she said well after you put the powder in it makes the level change.
I doesnt matter that much
what do u do powder or water first? and does it matter?

Darkangelpunk

Asked by Darkangelpunk at 10:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it does matter if you want an actual measurement, like it says to mix 4 oz of water to two scoops formula.... so you would pour in the 4oz of water first and then the 2 scoops, because if not and you pour in the 2 scoops the measurement is off, so now how do you know how much 4oz of water will be? --just do the water first, it's easier and like the other mommy said, it doesn't clump as bad. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 11:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't do bottles very often but the few times I have, I've done the water first. I don't think it changes it that much. I do water first so that it doesn't clump on the bottom. I don't know that it really matters too much though.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It does matter. Water is supposed to go first. If you put the formula in first it's too much formula for the amount of water. I didn't know this at first and my son was getting sick. After I started doing it right he stopped getting sick.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It doesn't matter but I do water first because I heat it in the microwave before I add the powder.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It says right on the label "Water first." You get a more accurate powder to water ratio. If you don't mix it right, your baby may not be getting the proper nutrients they need.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yep, water first so you get the right amount of water. Also, the powder tends to really lump up if you add it first.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Agreed with the ladies that say water first!
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 11:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• water first, cause the powder clumps sometimes iono, it doesnt matter YOUR mommy do it how you want to! lol
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If you want the correct measurement, water first than powder.
    I3earHugzz

Answer by I3earHugzz at 11:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I put the water in first but as long as it isn't chunky do it how you want!
    Mrs.Bauer

Answer by Mrs.Bauer at 11:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008