Do you eat canned chicken?

Our neighbors brought us a few cans the other day...they bought it by mistake, thinking it was tuna. Anyway...I used it last night for chicken quesadillas...just drained it and stired it up in the skillet with a little butter and taco seasoning. It was surprisingly good and I couldn't really even tell it wasn't fresh.

I guess I always thought it would be gross or something, but I was impressed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use it for chicken salad :)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ya i only had that in the cabenet once and made chicken soup for myself and it was so good i couldnt believe it either and all the hard work was already done!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i havnt tried it....it doesnt sound good
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I love it. I usually make Pasta Salads, Chicken Salad or Dips with it... LOVE that stuff! My DH on the other hand won't eat ANY fish or meat out of a can... So I don't tell him it's not fresh!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I haven't tried it, but I might get some now. Its not so different from tuna. If tuna is fine, why not chicken.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If I'm cooking with it yes but straight of the can or even just making chicken salad with it is so nasty. But if it's fried up in a pan with seasonings or whatever then yes it can be pretty good.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've used it in casseroles, pot pies, sandwiches, etc. when I've been in a pinch. It works great for recipes that call for cooked chicken.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, even before I was a vegan never ate it.
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I use it only for chicken quesadillas - that's one food I don't like fresh chicken for, and I don't like canned chicken for anything else. So on average we maybe have it twice a year.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, good for all kinds of hot chicken dishes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010