Did anyone nurse thier son over 2 yrs of age?

My son will be turning 3 in Dec. I have tried weaning but he just has no interest in stopping. I'm not really bothered by it.
I know I don't mention it to anyone in my family. Only my 2 close friends and my hubby/children know. I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed by it, I just dont' want any negative reactions or comments which I know I will get.

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids were both done by then, but I don't see why it would be an issue either. Had my son wanted to continue, I wouldn't have had a real issue with it, although I HATED nursing... But he was just over 2 when he quit... My oldest had to stop early because he didn't fit around the belly any more (I was VERY pregnant) and it hurt... But I really wouldn't let his age bother you. If he's still nursing at 5, that may make you want to rethink thing, but 3? NO! Go for it and ignore any comments than may come out of it. At that age it's still nutritious for him and great for you too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I did. No problems AT ALL. But then, nursing into toddlerhood was the norm in my family. And even if it wasn't, I have a pretty strong personality. Family members cannot bulldoze me... I'll just wear 'em down with facts delivered with a bit of snap, like "Michael Jordan and Albert Einstein were breastfed till age three. Jesus Christ, LONGER. When you have six NBA championship rings, a Nobel Prize and the ability to walk on water, come talk to me."

Answer by gdiamante at 12:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That' hilarious ....... i guess that exact reasoning would smack 'em right off their high horse! LOL
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Mine is 2 years 5 months and still nursing occasionally. You should only wean when one or both of you no longer wants to. :)
    connorlove

Answer by connorlove at 8:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010