Doula Training, Online Training- is there help available w/ training?

I have really been wanting to start training to become a doula for a year now, but don't have money to buy the books and do online training.
I know some website have payment plans but I still can't afford it. :(

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• www.fastweb.com is a great source for scholarships.

Honestly, I don't understand how you can learn to be a birth attendant virtually. You may want to find a doula willing to take you on as an apprentice.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree. It sounds like a profession that you'd have to learn hands on. Talk to someone locally who is doula (or several doulas) to find out what sort of school she had. You might be able to find a scholarship, and you'll make a lot of business contacts.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The websites that you get your training from are more reading requirements and learning different things. When your a doula you don't actually deliver babies, you are there for mothers support, as well as other family members. Once you do your reading requirements and such, you need to have so many hands on experiances to finish your training.
    cuteasabutton78

Comment by cuteasabutton78 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010